Let the Grilled Cheese Challenge Commence!
One of my favorite foods has to be grilled cheese. It’s not my favorite in the sense that I eat it every day (though I’m about too) but that it’s a delicious comfort food that can be dressed up or down. It can put on high heels and go out on the town or curl up on the couch in sweats and watch t.v. That is, if it was a real person, which it is not.
Regardless, there are so many different things you can do to a grilled cheese that I came up with this challenge. For a month, Oct. 1 to Oct 31st, my roommates and I will eat a grilled cheese once a day every day. It can be for lunch, for dinner, a snack, or heck, even for breakfast. But the grilled cheese must be consumed.
Now, for any contest there have to be some rules. So as follows:
- A grilled cheese consists of bread and melted cheese in some manner. It can involve various other toppings but those two ingredients must be there.
- It can be made in the toaster oven or on the stove.
- A half of grilled cheese counts… so does a bite (but only in emergencies)
- You can have one freebie day (again, for emergencies)
- You must take as many pictures of the different grilled cheeses made to document this experience.
I’m excited and ready to start. There is nothing more fun to me than something competitive and involving food. But I was a little nervous up until today about this challenge; however, when I bit into my sandwich at lunch, I knew it was a good idea… for now at least. 🙂
I’ll try and post the different sandwiches we make but not everyday. And I will keep you updated on our progress.
So today’s grilled cheese is:
Gouda with kale and tomato on homemade bread (which I’ll share later!)
It was so delicious I wanted more.