I am not a quitter.
But my recent desire for my variety and trip home has caused me to end the Grilled Cheese Challenge early. I’m not going to force myself eat anything I don’t want to and I’ve just been craving other things. Food is such an enjoyable thing to me that I want to eat every different thing that I can.
So here ends the Grilled Cheese Challenge.
27 days is still impressive. The first two weeks were probably the best. It was nice to have lunch planned out already. But then I wanted to eat the other delicious foods that I incorporate into my diet.
And I’ve learned a lot. For example:
- One block of cheese- oz. can last me almost a month
- There are many different ways to get your cheese “melty”
- Muenster has such a great flavor, it might be a new favorite
- I went through a lot more bread than I normally would in a month
- Broccoli, apples, tomatoes, and even guacamole tasted good on a grilled cheese. Try it.
Needless to say, I probably won’t be having grilled cheese for a while. I’ll go back to my once in a while habit which makes this simple sandwich all the more special.
Have a terrific weekend!